How To Prepare Curd RiceThis is one of the simplest recipe and once the rice is ready it takes only around 10 minutes to prepare.
Ingredients For Curd Rice
- Uncooked Rice - one cup
- Curds - one litre
- Salt - as required
- Pomegranate seeds - two tbsp
- Ghee - one tbsp
- Green chillies - two
- Coriander leaves - three sprigs
- For tadka - one broken red chilli ( byadige ), cashew nuts - one tbsp, urad dal ( black gram ) - one tsp, mustard seeds ( one tsp ) and curry leaves - a few.
Method To Make Curd Rice
- First and foremost we should boil the rice. I have already mentioned the recipe in one of my previous blog posts. Please do refer how to cook rice.
- Take a big bowl or a vessel and add the cooked rice into it.
- When the rice is completely cooled, mix in the curds and add salt to it.
- If the mixture is thick, dilute it with some more curds.
- Add pomegranate seeds, chopped coriander leaves and slit green chillies.
- Meanwhile heat a small pan with ghee in it.
- Add red chilli, urad dal, mustard seeds, chopped cashew nuts and curry leaves to it.
- When it splutters, transfer it and mix it into the rice bowl.
- Mix it well.
Your nutritious and rich curd rice is ready to be served.!!!
Kitchen Masti Points
- See to it that, the curds are not too sour.
- Instead of pomegranate, you can also use green grapes for a different taste.
- Slit green chillies can be omitted to avoid spicyness.
- Never mix milk and curds together. It is not good from the health point of view.