How to Prepare Long Beans Palya or Sabzi.This dish require roughly around thirty minutes or so and the ingredients I have mentioned here, serves for 4 people.
Ingredients for Long Beans Palya / Sabzi
- Long beans - half kg.
- Red clhillies ( byadige ) - 5.
- Coconut scrapings - 1/4 cup.
- Mustard seeds - 2tsp.
- Oil - 1tbsp.
- For tadka ( seasoning ) -1tsp urad(black gram dal), mustard seeds 1tsp, 1 broken red chilli, a few curry leaves
- Tamarind Paste - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - A pinch
- Jaggery - 1 tsp
Method to prepare Long beans Palya / Sabzi
- First and most important thing is to remove the strings from the long beans.
- Then wash it properly and chop it finely.
- Now take a pan with oil in it .
- Once it gets heated, prepare the tadka first.
- For this, add broken red chillie, urad dal ( black gram ) , mustard seeds and curry leaves in to it.
- When it starts to splutter, add chopped long beans in to it.
- Now add turmeric, tamarind paste, and salt along with half a cup of water. Close the lid and leave it boil for around 15 minutes.
- Later on remove the lid and see weather the vegetables are boiled.
- In the meantime take a mixer jar, and add coconut scrapings, and mustard seeds into it .
- Run the mixer without adding any water.
- When the vegetables are fully done, add this coconut mixture , and mix it properly.
- In the end add 1 tsp of coconut oil in to it
Kitchen masti points.
- You can omit jaggery and simply prepare it without adding it.
- Keep watching the boiling vegetable so that it will not get burnt due the shortage of water in it.
- If the water gets exhausted you can add more water and continue to boil the vegetables.