Long beans, a long and slender vegetable is grown everywhere in the fields.It contains lots of fiber and so it is the best for the people who have bowel problems. They are very low in calories and is filled with vitamins and protiens. You can prepare various dishes out of this . In this blog I will show you how to prepare sabzi or palya out of it.Tags: Mangalorean Cuisine, North Indian, Sabzi / Palya / Sauteed Vegetable, South Indian
Your long beans Palya or Sabzi is ready to be served.!!!
How to Prepare Long Beans Palya or Sabzi.This dish require roughly around thirty minutes or so and the ingredients I have mentioned here, serves for 4 people.
Ingredients for Long Beans Palya / Sabzi
- Long beans - half kg.
- Red clhillies ( byadige ) - 5.
- Coconut scrapings - 1/4 cup.
- Mustard seeds - 2tsp.
- Oil - 1tbsp.
- For tadka ( seasoning ) -1tsp urad(black gram dal), mustard seeds 1tsp, 1 broken red chilli, a few curry leaves
- Tamarind Paste - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - A pinch
- Jaggery - 1 tsp
Method to prepare Long beans Palya / Sabzi
- First and most important thing is to remove the strings from the long beans.
- Then wash it properly and chop it finely.
- Now take a pan with oil in it .
- Once it gets heated, prepare the tadka first.
- For this, add broken red chillie, urad dal ( black gram ) , mustard seeds and curry leaves in to it.
- When it starts to splutter, add chopped long beans in to it.
- Now add turmeric, tamarind paste, and salt along with half a cup of water. Close the lid and leave it boil for around 15 minutes.
- Later on remove the lid and see weather the vegetables are boiled.
- In the meantime take a mixer jar, and add coconut scrapings, and mustard seeds into it .
- Run the mixer without adding any water.
- When the vegetables are fully done, add this coconut mixture , and mix it properly.
- In the end add 1 tsp of coconut oil in to it
Kitchen masti points.
- You can omit jaggery and simply prepare it without adding it.
- Keep watching the boiling vegetable so that it will not get burnt due the shortage of water in it.
- If the water gets exhausted you can add more water and continue to boil the vegetables.
Also Read : Ladies Finger Sabzi / Palya