How To Make Mango Pickle
Here I have taken two big sized raw mangoes. The time consumed to prepare this recipe is somewhere around 30 minutes.
Ingredients For Mango Pickle
- Green raw mangoes - 2
- Red chillies ( byadige ) - 7
- Guntur chillies - 6 ( If this is not available near you, you can omit this and increase the number of red chillies to 11 or 12 )
- Jeera / cumin seeds - 2 tsp
- Methi / fenugreek seeds - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 3 tsps
- Asafoetida - small pinch
- Salt - as required
- Oil - 1 tbsp
Method To Prepare Raw Mango Pickle
- First of all, wash the mangoes, and scrap the peel.
- Now, chop it into medium sized cubes.
- Heat a pan / tawa.
- Fry red chillies (byadige), guntur chillies, jeera / cumin seeds, methi / fenugreek seeds and mustard seeds.
- Leave it to get cooled.
- Now take a mixer jar and powder the fried items smoothly.
- Now, heat a heavy bottomed vessel with ten glasses of water.
- Leave it to boil after adding 4 - 5 tsp of salt.
- Once when the water starts boiling, add the chopped mangoes and switch off the flame.
- Leave the mangoes in that vessel till the water gets completely cooled.
- Now take a big bowl, add the mango pieces from the heavy bottomed vessel into it.
- Add the powdered Masala and one cup of boiled water and mix it with the mango pieces.
- If you feel that the pickle is too thick, you can add some more salt water and you can adjust the liquid consistency as per your wish.
- Finally, heat a small pan.
- Add oil into it.
- Add a pinch of asafoetida and a few mustard seeds.
- Transfer this oil into the pickle bowl.
- Mix it with a dry spoon so that the mangoes are properly mixed along with the mixture and oil.
- Transfer it into a bottle and use whenever required.
Kitchen Masti Points
- As far as possible, see to it that the pickle does not come into contact with the moisture content.