How to Prepare Spinach Chapathi / Palak Chapati
This dish takes around half an hour for preparing.
Ingredients For Preparing Spinach Chapathi / Palak Chapati
- Wheat flour - 1 cup
- Spinach leaves - 1 bunch
- Salt - as per taste
- Carom seeds ( Ajwain Seeds ) - half tsp
- Water - as desired
Method To Make Spinach Puree
- First and foremost, wash and clean the spinach / palak leaves thoroughly under the running water.
- Heat a vessel containing water and leave the water to boil.
- Now, add the cleaned spinach leaves into the boiling water and switch off the gas flame.
- Close the lid for a few seconds.
- Once the spinach is cooled, take a mixer jar and grind the spinach leaves into a fine paste without using water.
- So, your spinach puree is now ready.
Now let us continue with making the chapathi.
- Take a mixing bowl.
- Add the wheat flour into it.
- Now, add spinach puree, carom seeds ( Ajwain Seeds ), salt and one tsp of oil into it.
- Mix it well.
- If necessary, you can add more water and prepare the chapathi dough.
- Leave it for fifteen minutes so that the chapathi will turn soft.
- Now, roll out even sized balls from the chapathi dough.
- Roll out thin chapathis using little wheat flour for dusting.
- Heat a pan and add the chapathi on top of it.
- When it puffs, flip it over and cook the other side till brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Remove it and transfer it on a plate.
- Smear ghee on top of it.
Now, your spinach chapathis are ready to be served.
Kitchen Masti Points
- You can eat this chapathi along with any other side dish like Corn Methi curry or kadai paneer and so on.
- You can add a little red chilli powder to the chapathi dough if you wish to have a spicier chapathi.
- While mixing the chapati dough , use warm water as far as possible, since using warm water while mixing, your chapatis will turn out to be very soft.
Also Read :
Palak Rice ( Spinach Rice )