How To Prepare Plain Dosa / Urad Dal Dosa
The dosa batter should be grounded and allowed to be fermented for seven to eight hours to get a smooth and spongy dosa.
Ingredients For Urad Dal Dosa / Plain Dosa
- Urad dal- 1 cup
- Raw rice - 3 cups
- Salt - three tsps
- Flattened Rice ( Avalakki) - 1 tbsp
- Fenugreek/methi seeds - 1 tsp
Method To Prepare Plain dosa / Urad Dal Dosa
- Soak rice,methi (fenugreek seeds) and dal separately for three hours.
- Grind urad dal (black gram ) along with methi/fenugreek seeds and flattened rice ( avalakki) separately for twenty minutes in the grinder
- Remove the urad dal batter and grind the rice till smooth consistency for ten to fifteen minutes in the grinder.
- Transfer the grounded item into a vessel and mix both urad dal and rice batter together.
- Add salt.
- Close the lid and let the batter remain for seven to eight hours for fermentation.
- After the fermentation period, with a help of a big spoon or ladle stir the batter swiftly in a circular motion.
- If necessary you can add water to make the batter dilute.
- Heat a pan and pour a ladle full of batter in the center.
- Spread the batter in a circular motion towards the edge of the pan.
- Add one tsp of oil around the dosa.
- Let it stay for two minutes and then flip it over to a plate.
Your crispy plain soft dosa is ready to be served. !!!
Kitchen Masti Points
- Any chutney will go on well with dosa but I assure you that coconut chutney will be outstanding.
- You can sprinkle grated paneer ( cottage cheese) on the dosa for a better and rich taste.
- You can refrigerate this dosa batter in the fridge for 2 days , but remember, do not add salt to the batter. Add salt, only when you are ready to prepare the dosa.