Dosa or pancake is prepared in South India in almost everybody's house but this dosa is prepared with a unique stuffing. It is slightly spicy but you can decrease the red chilli powder if you do not prefer too much spiciness. Since I have used spinach and mushroom as ingredients, you can consider this dish to be very nutritious. Mushroom is very good for health as it contains lots of iron in it. This dosa appears slightly green in color and looks very tempting. I am sure this dosa will tickle your taste buds.Tags: Breakfast Recipe, Dosa, North Indian, South Indian
Stuffed Spinach Mushroom Dosa Recipe.This dish requires around thirty minutes to prepare and the ingredients mentioned here is enough for three servings.
Stuffed Mushroom Dosa Ingredients.
- Wheat flour - 1 cup.
- Spinach puree - 1/2 cup.
- Salt - as per taste.
- Small rava ( semolina or chiroti rava ) - 1/4 cup.
Ingredients For Mushroom Stuffing.
- Button Mushrooms - 12.
- Onions -1 big sized.
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp.
- Salt - 1/2 tsp.
- Coriander leaves - 3 sprigs.
- Maggie cubes - 2.
- Ginger - garlic paste - 1 tsp.
- Garam Masala powder - 1/2 tsp.
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp.
Method To Make Stuffed Spinach Mushroom Dosa.
- First and foremost, we will have to prepare spinach puree for this.
- Immerse the spinach leaves in hot boiling water for few minutes and when cooled grind it in the mixer into a puree without adding water.
- Now take a big mixing bowl and add spinach puree in it.
- Add wheat flour, small rava ( also known as chiroti rava) , salt and add enough water ( roughly around 2 cups) .
- The batter should be just like any other dosa consistency.
- Now let us prepare the stuffing .
- Heat a pan with 1 tbsp of oil in it.
- Add chopped onions and saute for a few minutes.
- Now add cleaned and chopped mushrooms in it.
- Add salt and let it boil for few minutes. You need not add any water as the mushrooms tends loose the water content..
- When the mushroom is cooked add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, ginger garlic paste, Maggie cubes, and finally coriander leaves in to it.
- Now heat the dosa pan or an iron griddle for this purpose.
- Smear 1/2 tsp of oil evenly on it.
- Now spread a ladle full of dosa batter over the pan and spread it in a circular motion from the center of the pan to the edges of it .close the lid.
- After a few seconds remove the lid and smear 1 tsp of oil over it .Flip the dosa to the other side and let it roast for few seconds.
- Flip the dosa once again back to the other side and spread 1 tbsp of mushroom filling over the dosa .
- Roll the dosa and transfer it into the serving plate.
Kitchen Masti Points.
- You can substitute the rava or semolina with rice flour.
- For a more tempting look you can serve it with a dash of butter or cheese on the top of the dosa.