This Palak (Spinach ) Rice comes under Quick Healthy Recipe Meals Category which is easy to prepare for Dinner or Lunch Box. .Usually, children do not prefer to consume these leafy vegetables and therefore, it would be a nice idea to blend it into a puree and give them.
How To Prepare Spinach Rice ( Palak Rice)This rice item usually takes somewhere around 40 minutes to prepare. Using the below ingredients, you can serve around 3 people.
Ingredients For Palak Rice ( Spinach Rice)
- Rice - 500 grams.
- Spinach Leaves - 250 grams
- Green Peas - 250 grams
- Onions - 2
- Bay Leaves (Tej Patta) - 2
- Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Ghee - 3 tsp
- Black Cardamoms - 3
- Cinnamon - 1 small stick.
- Cloves - 3
- White Cumin Seeds - 2 tsp
- Salt - 2 tsp
The above Photo is of the Palak ( Spinach) Paste
Method To Make Palak Rice ( Spinach Rice)
- First and foremost, wash the Palak Leaves thoroughly under the running water.
- Add little salt and keep it for aside for a while
- Blanch the palak leaves to retain the green color. Now let me tell the procedure regarding how to blanch
- Boil 5 - 6 cups of water. Add cleaned and washed palak leaves into it.Let it remain for around 5 minutes. Then remove and puree it. Blanching procedure is usually done to retain the green color which looks nice and pleasing to look at.
- Boil the Rice and peas separately
- Heat a pan . Fry the onions , bay leaves until brown along with 1 tsp of ghee.
- Fry cloves , cinnamon , cardamom .
- Add spinach puree and let it fry for around 2 minutes. If necessary you can add more ghee.
- Add the red chili powder.
- Now, add the boiled rice and peas.
- Add the remaining 2 tsp of ghee and mix it properly.
Kitchen Masti Points
- The best combination along with Palak Rice ( spinach rice) is Raita.
- You can also omit red chili powder and add green chili if you desire the rice to be even more spicier.