It is available at all restaurants and hotels but I bet you , If you prepare it at home , it still tastes better. Its available both in vegetarian and non vegetarian cuisines.
When you wish to have a Chinese food , then probably, the Schezwan Fried Rice would be the the first dish that would come to your mind along with Gobi Manchurian , Spring Roll etc.
How To Make Veg Schezwan Fried Rice
Veg Schezwan Fried Rice Ingredients
- Jeera Rice ( or Basmati Rice ) - 1 cup
- Carrots - Chopped - 1/4 cup
- Spring Onions - A few Strings.
- Cabbage - 1 /4 cup
- Capsicum - 1 /4 cup
- Soya sauce - Half tsp
- Red Chilli Sauce - 2 tsp
- Salt - A pinch
- Vinegar - 1/2 tsp
- Worcestershire sauce - 1 tsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
Method To Prepare Veg Schezwan Fried Rice
- First and foremost, the red chilli sauce should be prepare which is the most important ingredient in this recipe dish.
How To Prepare Red Chilli Sauce
- Soak 7 - 8 Red chilli ( byadige chilli) in water for about 30 minutes
- Grind it along with 7 Garlic cloves , 1 inch ginger
- Heat a small pan and add 1 tsp of oil, and vinegar along with the above grounded mixture.
- Stir for a few seconds.
- Boil the Jeera Rice separately and keep it aside to cool for sometime.
- Take a big pan ( kadai) along with 1 tbsp of oil.
- Add chopped vegetables in a systematic manner in such a way that the harder vegetables should be first added.
- So, first add carrot, fry for a couple of seconds, then add capsicum, cabbage , and finally spring onions.
- Add Red Chilli sauce ( which is prepared above ) , salt, soya sauce, worcestershire sauce and fry for another one minute.
- Now add the rice and mix it properly so that the sauce gets coated to the rice accurately.
Kitchen Masti Points
- If you feel lazy to prepare the Red Chilli sauce that I have mentioned above, you can easily get it in the market also. But in my personal opinion, it is always better and tastier to prepare it at home.
- While frying, see to it that the vegetable does not lose its crunchiness and color.
- Be careful while adding salt because salt is already present in Soya sauce and Worcestershire sauce
- See to it that rice does not get over cooked because the essence of the Schezwan Fried Rice is mainly on the quality and crunchiness of the rice
- Alternatively, you can also use Basmati rice, but in my opinion, jeera rice tastes better.