How To Prepare Banana KheerThis kheer roughly takes around 20 minutes to prepare and the ingredients mentioned below is enough for two - three servings.
Ingredients For Banana Kheer
- Ripe green bananas - 6
- Coconut scrapings - 1 big cup
- Jaggery - half cup
- Cardamoms - 3 to 4
Method To Make Banana Kheer
- First and foremost, let us prepare coconut milk.
- Take a mixer jar and add coconut scrapings along with one cup of water.
- Run the mixer for few seconds.
- Now, take a bowl and sieve the grounded coconut mixture into that bowl.
- Squeeze the coconut residue and discard the waste.
- Peel the skin of the banana
- Now, chop the banana into small pieces.
- Add powdered jaggery and cardamom to the coconut milk.
- Mix it well so that the jaggery gets totally dissolved in the coconut milk.
- Finally, add the chopped banana pieces and mix well.
Kitchen Masti Points
- This kheer should be eaten as soon as it is prepared or else the banana pieces in it may turn brown in color.
- If you want to serve chilled, then see to it that the coconut milk is prepared and refrigerated beforehand and the chopped bananas can be added at the time of serving.
- You can add two tsp of honey for a different taste.
- You can replace jaggery by sugar but the ideal choice would be jaggery.