Banana kheer is one of the simplest form of kheer that can be prepared. It can be eaten along with chapathi, rice vermicelli, or even with some dosas like neer dosa. Ripe Green bananas should be used for this kheer and other varieties of bananas might not be the apt choice.
How To Prepare Banana KheerThis kheer roughly takes around 20 minutes to prepare and the ingredients mentioned below is enough for two - three servings.
Ingredients For Banana Kheer
- Ripe green bananas - 6
- Coconut scrapings - 1 big cup
- Jaggery - half cup
- Cardamoms - 3 to 4
Method To Make Banana Kheer
- First and foremost, let us prepare coconut milk.
- Take a mixer jar and add coconut scrapings along with one cup of water.
- Run the mixer for few seconds.
- Now, take a bowl and sieve the grounded coconut mixture into that bowl.
- Squeeze the coconut residue and discard the waste.
- Peel the skin of the banana
- Now, chop the banana into small pieces.
- Add powdered jaggery and cardamom to the coconut milk.
- Mix it well so that the jaggery gets totally dissolved in the coconut milk.
- Finally, add the chopped banana pieces and mix well.
Kitchen Masti Points
- This kheer should be eaten as soon as it is prepared or else the banana pieces in it may turn brown in color.
- If you want to serve chilled, then see to it that the coconut milk is prepared and refrigerated beforehand and the chopped bananas can be added at the time of serving.
- You can add two tsp of honey for a different taste.
- You can replace jaggery by sugar but the ideal choice would be jaggery.