How To Prepare Vermiceli Kheer or PayasamThis kheer can be prepared very quickly and you may require around 15 - 20 minutes to prepare it. The ingredients mentioned below is enough to serve 2 people.
Ingredients For Vermicelli Kheer
- Vermicelli - 1 / 2 cup
- Creamed Milk - 2 cups
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Dry Fruits - Cashew, Almond, Pista, Raisins or anything of your choice - 2 tbsp
- Powdered Cardamom - 1 tsp
- Cashew Nut Paste - 1 tbsp
- Saffron Strands ( Kesar ) - 1 tsp
Method To Make Vermicelli Kheer
- Take a deep bottomed pan or kadai with 1 tbsp of ghee in it.
- Slightly roast the vermicelli on a medium flame till it turns light brown in color.
- Meanwhile, boil milk in another vessel
- Add sugar to the milk and keep boiling in low flame
- Soak 7-8 cashew nuts in milk for around 1 hour and grind to a fine paste.
- Once the vermicelli is roasted, add the boiled milk and sugar in to the vermicelli pan.
- Now add the cashew nut paste and powdered cardamoms.
- Keep stirring every now and then.
- Finally, add 1 tsp of saffron strands ( kesar ) which is previously soaked in 1 / 4 cup of hot boiling milk.
- Decorate and serve with almonds, fried cashew nuts, raisins and pistas.
Your delicious and rich vermicelli kheer is ready to be served.!!!
Kitchen Masti Points
- Instead of cashew nut paste, you can also add 1 /2 cup of condensed milkmaid , but remember to decrease the quantity of sugar.
- Instead of creamed milk, you can also add milk powder to plain milk and prepare this kheer.
- Instead of frying the vermicelli, you can also boil it in the hot water and then add it to the milk.