How To Prepare Cabbage Sabzi ( Sauteed Vegetable ), PalyaThis dish takes around 30 minutes to cook and the ingredients mentioned below is sufficient for three servings
Ingredients For Cabbage Sabzi
- Cabbage - half k.g
- Coconut scrapings - half cup
- Red chillies ( byadige ) - 4
- Green chillies - 2
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Salt - as required
- Tamarind juice - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - half tsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- For tadka / seasoning - 1 broken red chilli, one tsp urad dal ( black gram ), one tsp mustard seeds and few curry leaves.
Method To Prepare Cabbage Pallya
- First of all, clean the cabbage thoroughly and chop it into very fine pieces.
- Take a mixer jar.
- Add coconut scrapings, red chillies and mustard seeds in to it.
- Run the mixer without adding water for a few seconds till they are blended properly. Keep this mixture aside
- Now, in a small bowl, add tamarind and little water to soak it.
- After few seconds, squeeze the tamarind and discard the residue.
- Now, heat a pan with oil in it.
- Add broken red chilli, urad dal, mustard seeds, and curry leaves in to it.
- After it starts spluttering, add green chillies and chopped cabbage pieces in to it.
- Now, add half tsp turmeric powder and half cup of water.
- Close the lid and let it boil for around ten minutes.
- Keep stirring at regular intervals so that the mixture does not get over roasted.
- If necessary, you can add more water.
- Once the cabbage is cooked, add salt, tamarind paste and the above prepared coconut mixture.
- Add half tsp of oil and mix it properly so that the masala gets evenly mixed with the cabbage.
- Finally, heat the cabbage sabzi in minimum flame for around one minute and switch off the flame.
Your spicy cabbage sabzi is ready to be served.!!!
Kitchen Masti Points
- You can add two tsp of jaggery if to your wish.
- This pallya can be eaten along with chapati and rice.