How To Prepare Veg Kolhapuri.This dish takes around 45 minutes to prepare.The ingredients mentioned here is enough for 3 servings.
Ingredients For Veg Kolhapuri.
- French beans - 1/4 cup.
- Carrots - 1/4 cup.
- Green peas - 1/4 cup.
- Cauliflower - 1/4 cup.
- Potato - 1 small size.
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp.
- Cloves - 2.
- Poppy seeds - 1/2 tsp.
- Coriander seeds ( Dhaniya )- 1/2 tsp.
- Red chillies ( Byadige ) - 4
- Onions - 3
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp.
- Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup.
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp.
- Dry Coconut Scrapings - 1/2 cup
- Lemon Juice - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Butter - 1 tbsp
Ingredients For Kolhapuri Garam Masala.
- Aniseed - 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon - 1 inch.
- Stone flower - 1
- Bay leaves - 1
- Cumin ( Jeera ) seeds - 1/2 tsp.
- Black cardamoms - 2.
- Peppercorns- 7 - 8
Roast the above items without any oil and powder it later on.
Method to Make Veg Kolhapuri.
- Boil all the vegetables and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan. Add 2 tsp of oil in it.
- Add coconut scrapings, cloves, coriander seeds, red chillies and fry for around 1 minute.
- Now, add Pepper Corns, salt, poppy seeds and 1 chopped onion in to it. Fry till the onions are brown and then grind it to a fine paste.
- Heat oil or butter in another pan.
- Add 2 finely chopped onions, ginger garlic paste to the pan.
- Now, add the above prepared onion masala paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, and Kolhapuri Garam Masala.
- Finally add boiled vegetables, cream, 1 tsp lemon juice and a little water if required.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Kitchen Masti Points
- You can add cashew paste for a richer taste.
- If you feel the gravy is too spicy, then omit the red chilli powder.
- Instead of water, you can also add little milk for a different taste.
- You can also use fresh coconut scrapings instead of dry ones, but remember to fry it before grinding.