known as kaad hagalakai in Kannada.
How To Prepare Teasle Gourd Fritters / Kaad hagalakai Pakoda.This snack requires very few ingredients and the time taken to prepare this is roughly around twenty minutes.
Ingredients For Teasle Gourd Fritters.
- Teasle gourd - 4.
- Red chilli ( byadige chill ) - 4
- Raw rice - 1 / 2 cup.
- Salt - as required.
- Asefoetida - a small pinch.
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp.
- Oil - for deep frying.
Method To Make Spiny Gourd fritters.
- First of all, soak the rice for around 2 hours in water.
- Chop the teasle gourd as shown in the photo ( round in shape ).
- Marinate this vegetable with salt and lemon juice for 15 minutes and keep it aside.
- Later on grind the rice along with red chilli, salt and asafoetida in a mixer jar.
- Mix half cup of water while grinding. The batter should be very thin in consistency.
- Heat a deep pan or Kadai filled with oil.
- Now fry the marinated teasle gourd in batches.
- When it is fried, place the fritters on an absorbant tissue papers so that the excess oil gets drained off.
- Your spicy teasle gourd fritters is ready to be served.
Kitchen Masti Points.
- While slicing the teasle gourd, see to it, that it should be very thin in diameter.
- If you have insufficient time to soak and grind the rice, then alternatively you can dip this vegetable in besan ( bengal gram flour ) and chilli powder.
- See to it that the fritters are being fried in medium flame.