Especially when we have a heavy meal, eating this ginger thambuli will help a lot in digestion. So, in our house, we prepare this ginger thambuli every now and then, to be fit and fine.
How To Prepare Ginger Thambuli
This dish roughly takes around twenty minutes to prepare and the ingredients which I have mentioned here is enough to serve three adults.
Ingredients For Ginger Thambuli
- Ginger pieces - 3 tbsp
- Red chillies ( byadige ) - 3
- Black pepper - 1 tsp
- Jeera ( cumin seeds ) - 1 tsp
- Salt - half tsp
- Butter milk or yoghurt - half cup
- Coconut scrapings - 2 tsp
- Asafoetida - a small pinch
Method To Make Ginger Thambuli
- Peel the skin of the ginger and chop it into small and fine pieces.
- Now, heat a pan with one tsp of ghee.
- Add jeera ( cumin ), red chillies ( byadige ), black pepper corns and ginger pieces into it.
- Fry it for around two minutes and let it cool completely.
- Now, take a mixer jar and add the fried items into it.
- Also, mix curds ( yoghurt ), coconut scrapings, asafoetida and salt into it.
- Run the mixer till the mixture is blended smoothly.
- If necessary, you can add little water into it since the thambuli is always watery.
- Transfer into a serving bowl.
Your spicy Ginger Thambuli is ready to be served.!!!
Kitchen Masti Points
- Instead of red chillies, you can prepare the thambuli with green chillies. By altering it, the color of the thambuli will be white in color.
- If desired, you can also serve the thambuli adding tadka / seasoning into it.
- For this you will have to heat a pan with one tsp of ghee and add one broken red chilli along with half tsp urad dal ( black gram ) and mustard seeds. Transfer it into the thambuli bowl.