How To Make Methi / Fenugreek seeds Thambuli
This dish usually takes around forty minutes for the soaking process and ten minutes for grinding the methi seeds.
Ingredients for Methi / Fenugreek Seeds Thambuli
- Fenugreek seeds / methi - 1 tbsp
- Green chillies - 2
- Black pepper corns - 3 to 4
- Salt - as per your requirement
- Asafoetida - a small pinch
- Coconut scrapings - 2 tsp
- Curds - half cup
- For tadka / seasoning - 1 broken red chilli, 1 tsp urad dal ( black gram ), 1 tsp mustard seeds, oil or ghee 2 tsp and few curry leaves.
Method To Prepare Methi / Fenugreek Seeds Thambuli
- Soak the methi / fenugreek seeds in water for thirty to forty minutes so that it becomes soft.
- Now, take a mixer jar and add soaked methi seeds, green chillies, salt, asafoetida, coconut scrapings, black pepper corns and curds and run the mixer to get a smooth paste consistency.
- You can add one-fourth cup water if required.
- Transfer the ground mixture into a bowl.
- The thambuli should be in a watery consistency, so if the mixture is thick, you can add water and get it diluted.
- Now, let us prepare tadka / seasoning by heating a small pan.
- Now, add oil, red chilli, urad dal, mustard seeds and curry leaves into it.
- When it splutters, transfer it into the tambuli bowl.
Your methi / fenugreek seeds thambuli is ready to be served.!!!
Kitchen Masti Points
- If you run short of time for soaking the methi seeds, you can alternatively fry the methi / fenugreek seeds slightly and follow the remaining procedure.
- You can omit green chillies and add red chillies / byadige to get a bright red coloured attractive thambuli
- This thambuli tends to become thick with passage of time. So, see to it that your thambuli is very watery while preparing it.