Green peas is one of the vegetables grown for their nutritional value. Green peas are used in various dishes like while preparing pulav. vegetable biryani, vegetable gravies, cutlets and the list goes on. It is available almost throughout the year, but during winter their prices are remarkably low when compared to other seasons. You get dried peas in the markets available throughout the year. Let me tell you one more method of preserving the green peas. Deseed the peas. Boil the water now add the peas into it and switch off the flame. When the water is cooled remove the peas from the water and dry it under the fan. Once the water is evaporated, store it in the box and keep it in the deep freezer. Use it when ever you want. Green peas are filled with lots of vitamins and antioxidants. It is low in calories . They are a great source of vitamin C and helps our body against all infections. Green peas are rich in vitamin K so it plays an important role in developing the density of our bones. So let me now share a recipe prepared out of this green peas.Tags: Gravy, North Indian, North Indian Gravy
How To Make Masala Green Peas CurryThis recipe requires thirty minutes to prepare and the ingredients mentioned below is enough to serve four people.
Ingredients For Green Peas Curry
- Green peas - half k.g
- Coriander leaves - one small bunch
- Kasuri methi ( Dried Fenugreek Leaves ) - half tsp
- Salt - as per taste
- Jeera ( cumin seeds ) - one tsp
- Green chillies - four
- Ginger - one small piece
- Garlic - 3 cloves
- Cinnamon - half inch
- Cloves - 3
- Onions - 2
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Lemon - half tsp
- Garam Masala - half tsp
Method To Prepare Green Peas Curry
- Take a mixer jar.
- Add coriander leaves, jeera ( cumin seeds ), chopped half onion, ginger and garlic and grind it to a smooth paste
- Heat a pan with oil in it.
- Add half tsp jeera ( cumin seeds ), cinnamon, cloves, chopped onions and green peas into it.
- Add half cup of water and let the green peas boil for around two minutes.
- Now, add the grounded masala into it and leave it to boil for around two minutes.
- Finally, add crushed kasuri methi, half tsp lemon juice and half tsp of garam Masala into it.
- Transfer it into a bowl and top it with fresh cream.
Kitchen Masti Points
- Instead of fresh green peas, you can also use dried peas which is available in the market.
- Soak the dried peas for at least eight hours before use and boil it in the pressure cooker up till 3 whistles
- You can use cashew nut paste for a slightly richer taste.
- This curry goes well with chapathis, Nans and so on.