How To Make Masala Green Peas CurryThis recipe requires thirty minutes to prepare and the ingredients mentioned below is enough to serve four people.
Ingredients For Green Peas Curry
- Green peas - half k.g
- Coriander leaves - one small bunch
- Kasuri methi ( Dried Fenugreek Leaves ) - half tsp
- Salt - as per taste
- Jeera ( cumin seeds ) - one tsp
- Green chillies - four
- Ginger - one small piece
- Garlic - 3 cloves
- Cinnamon - half inch
- Cloves - 3
- Onions - 2
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Lemon - half tsp
- Garam Masala - half tsp
Method To Prepare Green Peas Curry
- Take a mixer jar.
- Add coriander leaves, jeera ( cumin seeds ), chopped half onion, ginger and garlic and grind it to a smooth paste
- Heat a pan with oil in it.
- Add half tsp jeera ( cumin seeds ), cinnamon, cloves, chopped onions and green peas into it.
- Add half cup of water and let the green peas boil for around two minutes.
- Now, add the grounded masala into it and leave it to boil for around two minutes.
- Finally, add crushed kasuri methi, half tsp lemon juice and half tsp of garam Masala into it.
- Transfer it into a bowl and top it with fresh cream.
Kitchen Masti Points
- Instead of fresh green peas, you can also use dried peas which is available in the market.
- Soak the dried peas for at least eight hours before use and boil it in the pressure cooker up till 3 whistles
- You can use cashew nut paste for a slightly richer taste.
- This curry goes well with chapathis, Nans and so on.