How To Prepare Avalakki ( poha ) .The ingredients mentioned below is enough for two servings. I have used soft avalakki ( poha ) in this recipe.
Ingredients For Avalakki.
- Paper Avalakki ( poha ) - 1 large cup.
- Coconut scrapings - 1/2 cup.
- Green chillies - 2 or 3.
- Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp.
- Salt - as required.
- Sugar - 3 tsp.
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp.
- Water - 1 tbsp.
- For tadka ( seasoning ).- Broken red chilli - 1, Urad Dal ( black gram ) - 1/2 tsp, Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp, Coconut oil - 1 tbsp.
Method To Make Avalakki ( poha) .
- Prepare the tadka first. For this heat a small pan with coconut oil in it.
- Add broken red chilli, Urad dal, mustard seeds and curry leaves in it. When it starts spluttering switch off the flame and add turmeric powder and green chilli into it and fry for around 1 minute till the chilli changes its color.
- Transfer this tadka into a big bowl.
- Add coconut scrapings, salt and sugar in it .
- Mix all these very well.
- Now add the avalakki and lemon juice into it.
- Sprinkle little water over it and mix well so that the poha gets mixed with the coconut scrapings.
Your quick and tasty avalakki is ready to be served.!!!
Kitchen Masti Points.
- You can increase the amount of coconut scrapings according to your taste. The more you add, the tastier it turns.
- Instead of coconut oil, any other oil can also be used .
- Turmeric powder can be omitted if you do not wish.
- While mixing the avalakki, you can sprinkle one tbsp of water.