How To Prepare Mint Rice ( Pudina Pulav )This dish requires about thirty minutes to prepare and the ingredients mentioned here is enough for two servings.
Ingredients For Mint Rice ( Pudina Pulao )
- Basmathi rice - one cup
- French beans - 7
- Carrot - 1 large
- Green peas - 1/4th cup
- Cauliflower - 1/4th cup
- Onions - 2
- Green chillies - 5
- Pudina ( mint ) leaves - around 15
- Coriander leaves - 3 strings
- Salt - as per requirement
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Green cardamoms - 2
- Cloves - 3
- Cinnamon - 1 inch stick
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Bay leaf - 1
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
Method To Make Mint Rice ( Pudina Pulao )
- Wash the rice thoroughly and soak it for one hour.
- In the mean time, chop french beans, carrot, cauliflower, onions and green chillies.
- Heat a big vessel with two tsp of oil in it.
- Now add one green cardamom, bay leaf, cloves and cinnamon stick in to it.
- Add 2 cups of water into the vessel and let it boil for sometime.
- Now add the soaked rice in to the vessel and let it boil for a few minutes.
- Switch off the flame when the rice is just done.
- Sieve it in to another vessel.
- Now heat a deep pan with oil in it.
- Add green cardamom, ginger garlic paste, chopped onions, green chillies , turmeric powder, salt, boiled vegetables and chopped pudina ( mint ) leaves in to it.
- Saute for few seconds.
- Later on, add the boiled rice and 1 tsp lemon juice in to it and mix it well.
- Finally add one tsp of ghee and some more chopped pudina leaves in to it.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Your piping hot pudina ( mint ) pulav is ready to be served.!!!
Kitchen Masti Points
- You can omit turmeric powder if you wish.
- Alternately, you can prepare this pulav directly in the cooker by mixing all the ingredients and rice together.