Spinach Paneer samosa is a twist over the original paneer samosa. It looks extremely attractive as it is slightly green in color. It is very ideal for birthdays and other parties.Tags: North Indian, Snacks
How To Prepare Spinach ( Palak ) Paneer Stuffed Samosa.This snack roughly takes around 1 hour to prepare.
Ingredients For Spinach And Paneer Stuffed Samosa.
- Spinach Puree ( Palak Puree ) - 1/2 cup.
- Maida ( All Purpose Flour ) - 1 cup.
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Cooking soda - 1/2 tsp.
- Water - as required.
- Ghee or oil - 1 tbsp.
- Oil - For Deep Frying
- Paneer ( cottage cheese) - 200 grams.
- Salt - 1/2 tsp.
- Green chillies - 2 chopped.
- Coriander leaves - 3 strings chopped.
- Chat Masala - 1/2 tsp.
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp.
- Amchur powder ( Dry Mango Powder ) - 1/2 tsp.
Method To Make Spinach And Stuffed Paneer Samosa.
- First and foremost, let us prepare the spinach puree.
- For this, wash the spinach leaves thoroughly under the running water and immerse it for a few seconds in the hot boiling water and close the lid. When the spinach leaves gets completely cooled, remove it from the vessel and transfer it to a mixer jar.
- Run the mixer for few a seconds without adding water.
- Your spinach puree is ready .
- Now take a mixing bowl.
- Add spinach puree, maida ( all purpose flour), salt, cooking soda and 1 tbsp of heated oil or ghee to this bowl.
- Mix it well and add water only if necessary.
- Knead the dough properly and roll out small balls out of it. Keep it aside for around 10 minutes.
- Now in another bowl, mix the crumbled paneer, salt, chat masala, Garam Masala, slit green chillies and coriander leaves in to it.
- Sprinkle a little maida flour over the rolling surface. Dust the maida balls in the maida flour and roll out small circles as shown in the below image.
- Divide the circle equally into two semi circles with the help of a knife.
- Now fold one half as shown in the figure and stuff 1 tsp of paneer filling mixture inside and close it as shown in the figure
- It should be first rolled in to the shape of a cone
- Seal the edges properly and see to it that the filling does not pop out.
- Heat a deep pan or Kadai filled with oil inside it and deep fry the samosas in medium flame.
- Fry it till it turns golden brown in color.
- Drain the oil using a tissue paper.
- Serve with Pudina chutney. ( I have already shown you how to prepare pudina chutney. ( Follow Type 2 or 3 )
Your Spinach Panner Samosa is now ready to be served.!!!
- Always deep fry the samosa in low - medium range flame. Otherwise the samosa might not be crispy.
- Let the dough be slightly hard and not too soft.
- Blanching the spinach leaves is mainly to retain its original color.