How To Prepare Urad Dal Vada.This snack requires around 1 hour for soaking the dal, 10 minutes for grinding and another 10 minutes for frying the same in the oil.
Ingredients For Urad Dal Vada.
- Urad Dal ( black gram ) - 1 cup.
- Oil - for deep frying.
- Salt - as required.
- Black peppercorns ( crushed ) - 1 tbsp.
- Curry leaves - 2 tsp.
- Green chillies - 5.
- Chopped coconut pieces - 1 tbsp.
- Asafoetida - a small pinch.
- Cooking soda - 1/2 tsp.
- Rice flour - 1 tbsp.
Method To Make Urad Dal Wada .
- First and foremost, soak the urad dal for around 1 hour in water.
- Chop green chillies and curry leaves.
- After 1 hour of soaking, grind the dal in the mixer jar with minimum quantity of water to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the grounded dal into a mixing bowl.
- Add salt, chopped curry leaves, chopped green leaves, coconut pieces, asafoetida, rice flour, cooking soda and crushed black pepper in to the dal mixture.
- Mix it well.
- Meanwhile heat a deep pan with oil for frying.
- Now take a small bowl with water in it.
- Dip your fingers in the bowl and take a small portion of the urad batter in your fingers and with the help of your finger make a hole in the center of the batter as shown in the snap.
- Drop the batter in the oil and deep fry till it reaches golden brown in color.
- Now remove the vadas from the pan and place it on an absorbent tissue paper.
Your crispy and tasty urad dal wada is ready to be served.!!!
Kitchen Masti Points.
- See to it that that batter in not watery in texture or else the wada tends to consume more oil while frying, so it is necessary to add very little water while grinding.
- Rice flour is added to attain crispiness in the wada. I have added around 1 tbsp of rice flour. However, if you wish, you can increase it up to 2 tbsp.
- You can decrease the amount of green chillies and increase the quantity of pepper as per your desire.
- It is best when eaten hot along with coconut chutney.
- Adding Coconut piece is optional.