Vermicelli pulao is an alternate to rice pulao. Usually children fuss while eating rice and vegetables. In that case preparing vermicelli pulao is of great advantage since this dish contains all necessary and important vegetables. It looks colorful and atrractive to kids. It is easy to prepare and very delicious to eat. Varieties of recipes can be prepared out of this vermicelli like biryani, upma, kheer, kesribaat, and the list goes on. In markets both type of vermicellis are available like plain and roasted ones. Suppose if you buy roasted ones, you need not take the trouble of frying again. It is an ideal recipe for lunch box also.Tags: Breakfast Recipe, Snacks, South Indian
How To Prepare Vermicelli / Semiya PulaoThe time taken to prepare this pulao is around thirty minutes. The below mentioned ingredients is sufficient to serve around two adults.
Ingredients for Vermicelli Pulao
- Vermicelli - 1 cup
- Water - 1 and a half cup
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Carrot - one( big sized )
- French beans - 8
- Capsicum - one small sized
- Green peas - 1/4th cup
- Onions - 2
- Green chillies - 3
- Jeera ( cumin seeds ) -1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder -1 tsp
- Garam masala Powder -1/4 tsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Mint leaves - 2 strings
- Coriander leaves - a few strings
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Fried cashew nuts - 8
Method To Make Vermicelli Pulao
- First and foremost, chop the vegetables and heat a pan.
- Add two tsp of oil and fry the vermicelli till it gets slight brown in color.
- Keep it aside.
- Boil the chopped carrots, beans, and peas separately in a microwave or in a cooker.
- In another vessel, boil one and a half cup of water.
- In the mean time, heat a pan and add the remaining oil in to it.
- Now add jeera ( cumin seeds) onions, green chillies, and capsicum and fry for around two minutes.
- Now add the roasted vermicelli and boiled vegetables in to it.
- Later on, add boiling water into the pan and decrease intensity of the flame.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam Masala powder, salt and chopped mint leaves.
- Now add one tsp of lemon juice and let the mixture boil not more than three to four minutes.
- Finally, at the end, add the chopped coriander leaves and fried cashew nuts.( cashew nuts should be fried in ghee).
Kitchen Masti Points
- Note that, the vermicelli should be fried well. Or else the whole pulao will go for a toss.
- You can replace oil and add ghee for a richer taste.
- If you desire, you can add paneer pieces also for a variation.
- Another way of preparing vermicelli pulao is by first roasting vermicelli and boiling it in plenty of water and later on sieve it when just done. Then, later on in another pan, mix all the vegetables and the necessary masalas in to it.
Also Read : Vermicelli Upma Recipe