How To Prepare Oats IdliThe time taken to prepare this idli is somewhere around twenty five to thirty minutes. You can prepare around 6 idlis with the measurement given below.
Ingredients For Oats Idli.
- Oats - 1/2 cup.
- Rava ( Semolina ) - 1/4 cup.
- Salt - as required.
- Curds - 1 cup
- Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
- For tadka / seasoning - 1 broken Red chilli, 1/ 2 tsp urad dal ( black gram ), 1/2 tsp mustard seeds, a few curry leaves. and 1 tsp of oil.
Method To Prepare Oats Idli.
- First of all, heat a pan and fry the oats slightly for around 2 minutes.
- Keep it aside for 5 - 10 minutes to allow it to cool down.
- Fry the rava ( Semolina ) for five minutes and again, allow it to cool down.
- Now, take a mixer jar and powder the oats.
- Mix Rava and powdered oats along with curds, salt and baking soda.
- In the mean time prepare the tadka / seasoning.
- Heat the pan with oil in it.
- Add broken red chilli, mustard seeds , urad dal / black gram and curry leaves in to it.
- Transfer this to the oats mixture.
- Pour 2 cups of water in to the cooker and start heating.
- Grease the idli mould or plates slightly so that the idli can be removed easily when it gets fully cooked.
- Fill the idli moulds with oats mixture and place it in the cooker.
- Close the cooker lid but see to it that you do not place the cooker weight.
- After about 6 minutes switch of the gas flame and try to release the idlis from the moulds.
Your oats idlis are ready to be served. !!!!
Kitchen Masti Points
- While using rava, as far as possible try to use medium rava.
- After adding curds, do not keep the batter for a long time.
- You can also add coriander leaves to the curd mixture.
- You can make this oats idli even more nutritious by adding dill leaves or any other vegetable.
- Adding Baking Soda will lead to softer and fluffy idlis.