Mushroom being low in sodium and cholesterol is an ideal food for everyone. It is also rich in fiber content, vitamin C and vitamin D. It is very helpful in preventing infection . It is better to have a bit of mushroom daily for your health benefits.
Baby Corn , however is a very good source of vitamins, and also which is very low in the fat content. Also ,it has a very good source of fiber content in it. It is usually recommended by doctors for those people who are suffering from cataracts.
The below dish has a combination of both mushroom and baby corn. Hence it is ideal for you to consume this dish every now and then.
How To Prepare Mushroom Babycorn Curry
Mushroom Baby Corn Curry Ingredients]
- Mushroom - 8 pieces
- Baby Corn - 8 pieces
- Onions - 3
- Tomato - 1
- Green Chillies - 2
- Red Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1 tsp
- Kasuri Methi ( Dry fenugreek leaves ) - 1 tsp
- Salt - 2 tsp
- Oil - 3 tsp
- Cashew Nut Paste - 2 tsp
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Fresh cream - 2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Method To Cook Mushroom Babycorn Curry
- Wash the mushrooms properly and soak it in hot water for few minutes
- Chop both mushroom and baby corn and microwave it for 5 minutes
- Keep it aside
- Chop the onions and ground it a mixer to a fine paste.
- Heat a pan and add this grounded onion mixture into it along with 2 tbsp of oil and keep stirring it in a low flame till the raw smell disappears.
- Puree 1 tomato and add this to the onion mixture.
- Fry for around 2 minutes
- Now, add the cashew nut paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, garam masala and green chilli.
- Add the boiled mushroom and baby corn pieces.
- Dilute it with half cup of milk to attain the gravy consistency.
- Finally add kasuri methi powder ( fenugreek leaves powder)
- Fry till the oil oozes out from the gravy
- Garnish it with fresh cream
Kitchen Masti Points
- Some people may not like mushroom as I have heard, so in that case you can replace it with Paneer.
- The grounded gravy can be stored in the refrigerator.
- We can use both oil and butter to fry.
- As kasuri methi ( fenugreek leaves) is used in this gravy there is no need to add additional coriander leaves.