How To Prepare Brinjal Sabzi / Badanekayi Palya
It takes about thirty minutes to prepare this spicy dish. With the below ingredients , you can ideally serve to around 3 adults.
Ingredients For Brinjal Pallya (Sauteed)
- Brinjal - half k.g
- Red chilli ( byadige chilli ) - 6
- Bengal gram dal ( Chana Dal ) -1 tbsp
- Urad ( black gram ) dal - half tbsp
- Coriander seeds ( dhaniya ) -1 tsp
- Jeera ( cumin seeds ) - half tsp
- Methi ( fenugreek seeds ) -1/4th tsp
- Coconut scrapings - 2 tsp
- Asafoeteda - small pinch
- Curry leaves - 2 strings
- Green chilli - 1
- Tamarind - small marble sized
- Salt -1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - half tsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- For tadka ( seasoning ) - one broken red chilli, one tsp urad da ( black gram ), half tsp mustard seeds and curry leaves.
Method To Make Brinjal Pallya / sauteed brinjal vegetable
- Chop the brinjal into medium sized cubes.
- Heat a small pan and add one tsp of oil in it.
- Add Bengal gram dal ( Chana Dal ), urad dal ( black gram ),red chillies, methi seeds, jeera seeds, coriander seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves and finally coconut scrapings.
- Fry it till it turns slight brown.
- Now, Switch off the flame.
- When it gets cooled, grind it to a fine powder.
- Let's prepare tadka ( seasoning ) now.
- Heat another pan.
- Add one tsp of oil in it.
- Add one broken red chilli, urad dal, mustard seeds and curry leaves into it.
- Then, add the chopped brinjals, turmeric powder, tamarind paste, slit green chilli and add salt into it.
- Leave it to boil for around ten to fifteen minutes.
- Once the vegetables are fully boiled, add the Masala which we have powdered and mix it properly so that the Masala gets coated to all the vegetables.
- Finally, add one tsp of coconut oil and mix it properly.
Kitchen Masti Points
- Instead of the grounded Masala powder, you can also prepare this pallya only with the help of green chillies, that is, increase the quantity of green chillies and sprinkle coconut scrapings over it.